Sunday, May 08, 2011

D Blog Week/Post 1

I used to be one of those people who thought that Type 1 and Type 2 were on opposite ends of the rope. Gee, what did someone who just had to pop a pill know about putting a needle in your belly?
I used to think that some of the pumpers were arrogant and looked down on those of us who take injections.
I used to think that people who were complication free wanted to "circle the wagons" and have nothing to do with those of us who were living with retinopathy, neuropathy and kidney disease.
But.....that's all changed. Yup, I guess it took nearly dying to bring me to my senses. I came home to such a rich outpouring of love and concern from across the web that still brings a tear to my eye. There no longer were any walls dividing us, but an unbounded community of people who were fighting for a greater cause. And it feels wonderful.

10 comments:

Vivian said...

Always know, you are adored!

Auntly H said...

It's not just the knitting connection that makes me grateful to hear your voice in this community.

The DL said...

Doesn't it!! I love the DOC! We really all are hoping for the same goal. We are all there for each others.

meanderings said...

Thanks for your many years of friendship and encouragement. You're a true friend and I appreciate it.
Another week or so and I'll be wandering (hee,hee) through the yard to look for our flower!

Anonymous said...

Your bravery and honesty has been instrumental in my life and helping me take care of myself. On top of that you seem like a pretty cool human being. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

Rachel said...

I am so glad for all the insight you have provided over the years - and so glad that you made it through the mess. :)

George said...

I am not going to be able to type this without crying so it's a good thing this isn't a vlog or something.

You have been such an instrumental part of my diabetes life. Your words always ALWAYS comfort me. Whenever I am really down you always know what to say. And not in a "fix it" kind of way but in a loving way that only a beautiful spirit like yours could say.

This community means the world to me, which you know. But what you need to know is that your words provide more healing than you can imagine.

<3

Daisy said...

A concise and tenderly written blog - it touched my heart!

Karen said...

So it's kind of like the myth that knitters can't get along with crocheters, huh?? Love you, love the post, love each and every member of the D-OC. And yes, I love crocheters too. :)

Crystal said...

Wonderful post. It's amazing what we learn and when.

Best to you.